California College Promise Grant (Formerly BOG Fee Waiver)

The California College Promise Grant (CCPG) is a program provided by the State of California to help lower the cost of attendance for eligible students enrolling in a California community college. It is not a cash-in-hand award. The CCPG will waive your per-unit enrollment fee (currently $46) at any California community college.  Eligible students will still be responsible for any additional costs, such as books and material fees. 


Once you've qualified for the CCPG Fee Waiver, it's important to ensure that you're meeting the academic and progress standards in order to avoid losing the grant:

  • Academic – Sustain a GPA of 2.0 or higher
    • If your cumulative GPA falls below 2.0 for two (2) consecutive primary terms (fall and spring semesters are primary terms at College of Marin), you may lose your fee waiver eligibility
  • Progress – Complete more than 50% of your coursework
    • If the cumulative number of units you successfully complete falls below 50% in two (2) consecutive primary terms (fall and spring semesters are primary terms at College of Marin) you may lose your fee waiver eligibility.
  • Combination of Academic and Progress Standards 
    • Any combination of two consecutive terms of cumulative GPA below 2.0 and/or cumulative unit completion less than 50% may result in loss of fee waiver eligibility. If a student is awarded a fee waiver and is determined at a later date to have been ineligible or fail to turn in required documents, the fee waiver will be automatically canceled and the fees reassessed to the student's account.



How Do I Apply?

If you are eligible to receive the CCPG and have already submitted a 2022-2023 FAFSA or Dream Application, 2022-2023  FAFSA or Dream Application, the CCPG will be applied to your account once we have electronically received your FAFSA. *Paper applications are no longer accepted effective with Summer 2018*

You may also apply using CCCAPPLY

How Do I Qualify?

Students may qualify for the CCPG in one of the following ways:

METHOD A (Student must provide documentation): *COM no longer accepts paper applications*

  • Notice of applicants (or parents, if the applicant is dependent) currently receiving TANF (Temporary Aid For Needy Families), SSI (Supplemental Security Income) or General Assistance/General Relief through the county Social Services Department.  TANF/CalWORKs, SSI/SSP, or General Assistance recipients must bring documentation (aid verification summary, last voucher, or check) in order to qualify. Documents submitted will be accepted only if they are dated within the last 30 days


  • Meet the California College Promise Grant Income Standards:
Academic Year

Family Size

2020 Income

















Each Additional Family Member

  • Documentation must be provided showing that the student (or their parents, if the applicant is dependent) income falls below these published guidelines through one of the following methods:
    • Federal Tax Returns
    • W2 forms if taxes were not filed and were not required to be filed
    • Income Certification statement on the CCPG application if the student (or parents for dependent students) did not work in the corresponding tax year explaining the source of support.
  • If your income exceeds the Income Standards, you can submit a FAFSA application to see if you qualify for a fee waiver through Method C.



  • Certification from the California Department of Veterans Affairs that you are eligible for the dependents fee waiver for the current academic year
  • Certification from the National Guard Adjutant General that you are eligible for a dependent’s fee waiver
  • Documentation from the Department of Veterans Affairs that you are eligible as a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor or as a child of a recipient
  • Documentation from the CA Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board that you are eligible as a dependent of a victim of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack.
  • Documentation from the public agency employer of record you are eligible as a dependent of a deceased law enforcement/fire suppression personnel killed in the line of duty.

Once you are awarded a fee waiver, it will be applicable for the entire Financial Aid year (Fall, Spring, and Summer).

Note: If a student retroactively demonstrates eligibility for a fee waiver at any time during the academic year, the College may reimburse the student for the fees paid, even if one or more terms have been completed. Reimbursements may be paid to students only within the current academic year. There shall be no reimbursements after June 30 of the academic year. If a student becomes ineligible after receiving a CCPG, the college has the option of pursuing recovery of the ineligible fees.

How Do I Regain Eligibility?

If you lose eligibility for the CCPG, there are a few ways that you can have it reinstated:

  • Improve your GPA or course completion measures to meet the academic and progress standards
  • A successful appeal regarding extenuating circumstances (Loss of CCPG Appeal Form)
  • Not attending your school district for two consecutive semesters