Your enrollment priority will be determined by your status as a new, continuing or returning student at College of Marin, AND a series of steps called matriculation (see below) that are designed to help you be successful as a college student. By completing each of these steps you will earn the right to register early in the registration cycle, providing you with the best chance of securing the classes you need each semester.
The key steps of matriculation include:
- Participate in an Orientation.
- Meet with a Counselor to Develop/Update your Student Educational Plan.
College of Marin’s revised enrollment priorities can be found in Administrative Procedure 5055.
Register for Credit Classes
After submitting an application and setting up your MyCOM portal:
- Register online through the MyCOM Portal
- Choose the term and you may add/drop classes until the add/drop deadlines.
Register for Noncredit ESL Classes
Pasos a seguir para inscribirse a clases de inglés como segundo idioma sin crédito
Register for Concurrent Enrollment for High Schools Students — Jumpstart College Credit Program (CCP)
Please visit JUMPSTART College Credit Program (CCP) Instructions.
Middle School or Below
The District may admit highly gifted elementary students through the 8th grade level for enrollment to the College, provided that they are eligible to participate based on the criteria established below.
The student must:
Submit an application for Credit Classes.
Be recommended by his/her school principal or designee, who must verify that the recommended student can benefit from college instruction.
Meet with a College of Marin Counselor
Complete Student Orientation
Submit a Special Petition Form
Submit a College Credit Program Consent and Request Form (CCP)
Continuing High School Students
Don't need to submit another application, but must submit a new CCP form every semester.
When a class is full, you may place yourself on a waitlist. If space opens up in the class prior to the first day of class, the next student in the queue is automatically enrolled in the class and a confirmation e-mail will be sent to their MyCOM.marin.edu email account.
Important Information About the Automated Waitlist
- Choose the waitlist option if a class is full
- You must meet the prerequisites for the course
- The waitlist is not an option for courses that have corequisites
- The waitlist is available for only one section of the same course
- Waitlist courses may not conflict in time with other courses
- You will receive an enrollment confirmation in your MyCOM email
- You must pay your fees, once you’re enrolled from a waitlist or you will be dropped
If you are not automatically enrolled before the first class meeting, you may email the instructor and request an Add Authorization Code. Distribution of Add Authorization Codes is entirely at the discretion of the instructor.
*NOTE: Add Codes cannot be used until after the first day of classes.
MyCOM Emails - Don't Miss Out!
Access Your MyCOM Email - Important Messages from College of Marin will be sent to your MyCOM email.
- Access your MyCOM student portal
- Click on Webmail in the Quick Links launchpad