2019-2020 awards will be disbursed on September 3, 2019.
How To Apply
You must be a current or future COM student to apply for scholarships.
Our centralized online scholarship system is ready for you! To get started follow these steps:
- Complete an Application for Admission for Summer or Fall 2019: CCCApply
- Wait to receive your Welcome Letter email for instructions to set up your My COM Student Portal account.
- Complete your scholarship application online — Sign in with your MyCOM Portal credentials
- Complete the general application and our system will automatically find scholarships that you may be eligible for!
- Select "Opportunities" and explore any scholarships you might apply for.
- File your scholarship application online
- Complete the General Application and our system will automatically find scholarships that you may be eligible for!
- Select "Opportunities" and explore any additional scholarships you might be able to apply for.
Please Note: Announcements will be sent out by email to "mycom.marin.edu" email addresses in May for students who have both received and not received scholarship awards. Please read emails thoroughly and follow directions.
Equal Opportunity and Scholarships
California law stipulates that scholarships must be made available to all students on an equal basis. The Marin Community College District is committed by policy not to discriminate on the basis of, or the perception of, race, ethnic group identification, ancestry, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability (mental or physical), marital status, medical condition (cancer, genetic characteristics, or pregnancy), or status as a veteran, in any of its educational and employment programs and activities, its policies, practices, and procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a scholarship?
Scholarships are a source of funding benefitting students at an educational institution in support of their academic achievement. Scholarships are not a loan and are not part of the federal financial aid program.
- Where does College of Marin scholarship money come from?
A number of endowed and annual scholarships have been established to benefit College of Marin students and support their academic studies.
- What are the general eligibility criteria for scholarships?
Scholarships reward students for academic achievement, financial need, academic field of study, community service, campus activities, and outside interests.
- What scholarships are available?
A number of scholarships are available, including the Haddie Academic Scholarship and League of Women’s Voters of Marin County Education Foundation, among many others. Other, statewide and national, scholarships are also available.