Apply Now! 2017–18 Scholarship Applications are now being accepted.
College of Marin Enrollment Services Office offers integrated admissions, financial aid, and scholarship services to College of Marin students.
How To Apply
Our centralized online scholarship system is ready for you! To get started, please follow these steps:
- Open a browser tab: Academic Works
- If you're not already logged in to the COM website, you'll see a button labeled Sign Into Your Institution—click this button and then enter your regular MyCOM ID and password on the following screen.
- Once logged in, complete the General Application. When this is done, our system will automatically find scholarships that you may be eligible for!
- Next, select Opportunities in the menu, and explore any scholarships you might apply for.
Equal Opportunity and Scholarships
California law stipulates that scholarships must be made available to all students on an equal basis. The Marin Community College District is committed by policy not to discriminate on the basis of, or the perception of, race, ethnic group identification, ancestry, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability (mental or physical), marital status, medical condition (cancer, genetic characteristics, or pregnancy), or status as a veteran, in any of its educational and employment programs and activities, its policies, practices, and procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a scholarship?
Scholarships are a source of funding benefitting students at an educational institution in support of their academic achievement. Scholarships are not a loan and are not part of the federal financial aid program.
- Where does College of Marin scholarship money come from?
A number of endowed and annual scholarships have been established to benefit College of Marin students and support their academic studies.
- What are the general eligibility criteria for scholarships?
Scholarships reward students for academic achievement, financial need, academic field of study, community service, campus activities, and outside interests.
- What scholarships are available?
A number of scholarships are available, including the Haddie Academic Scholarship and League of Women’s Voters of Marin County Education Foundation, among many others. Other, statewide and national, scholarships are also available.